PARENTS' CODE OF CONDUCT
Grizzlies Brasov Baseball strives to create a positive atmosphere where children can learn the game of baseball, develop values and have fun. All members of the Grizzlies Brașov Baseball community have a role to play in creating this positive atmosphere. By thinking carefully about these codes of conduct and making an effort to follow them, you can help create this positive atmosphere.
YOUR CHILD AND HIS TEAM
- Be supportive of your child. Encourage them all the time, especially when they are struggling.
- Do not yell or speak negatively to your child or his peers in public.
- Do not coach your child or teammates during a game (unless you are the coach).
- Never let any player feel like they have lost the game. The team wins and the team loses.
- Never yell or speak negatively to a coach, parent or opposing player.
- Do not engage in cheering that could be considered disrespectful to or interfere with the opposing team's performance.
- Never yell at, criticize or even give advice to a referee (even in a polite way). Comments should be directed to your coach or a league administrator.
- Never blame a referee for the outcome of a game. Referee decisions are not always correct, but successful players learn to overcome those decisions, not use them as excuses.
- Drop off and pick up your child on time for practices and games.
- Keep your coach informed of unavoidable absences or late arrivals.
- Stay off the field and out of the dugout unless serving in an official capacity.
- Help the team coach or parent by volunteering for team tasks. Make sure you do your fair share.
- If you are unhappy with an aspect of your child's experience, talk to the coach about it when he/she can listen. Generally, this is not immediately before or after a game.
- Please understand that Grizzlies Brasov Baseball only happens through the efforts of our volunteers. Be grateful for their efforts.
- Criticism should be directed to a Board member or your coach.
- If any confrontation occurs, please step in and act as a peacemaker.
- Never swears.
- It will be drug and alcohol free at all Grizzlies Brașov Baseball events.
- Must not ridicule or demean coaches, players, referees or league officials.
- Parents will abide by the decision of league officials.
- Consequences: Parents who cannot abide by this code of conduct will be barred from participating in games and/or have their child's playing privileges suspended.